...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, May 11, 2015

Remember that time Mother's Day broke my face?

Yeah, apparently Mother's Day and I are not really on speaking terms.

Last year, this is what happened (a la the memory of Facebook):

"Came out to the car to drive to church to the screeching of kids fights over who gets to sit in the front seat. Sang an opening hymn while trying to calm a snotty nosed tantrum which reminded me that I forgot to give that child allergy meds before we left and knowing she would be runny nosed and super ornery if she didn't get them before primary resolved to take her home real quick after the sacrament. Then, as the sacrament water was being passed a couple of my boys managed to dump the entire, nearly full tray onto the floor. Cleaned that up and tried to smile about it. Got home with Ellie to find that the pop I heard when Logan climbed on my lap a few minutes before was actually my skirt seam ripping open -- better to find it now than while I was up teaching Sunday school later. A few quick stitches and one dose of medicine and we went back to the meeting. All before ten o clock. It's been an eventful mother's day. Good thing I love these yahoos. Even on days like this in glad to be their mom."

But this year, Mother's Day decided to throw a different sort of curve ball my way.  I went to bed Saturday night with my regular old face, but when I woke up on Sunday morning, this is what greeted me in the mirror.



Yes, that bulbous, red, swollen mass is my nose.

It is sore and itchy and achy and horrible.  The swelling seems to be in the skin itself somehow.  I haven't been rubbing it (it hurts to touch it, why would I rub it?), it is NOT a sunburn (we have had mega rainy weather here of late with no sun peeking through at all on Saturday), and today (Monday) the swelling has actually crawled its way a bit more toward the top of my nose and is beginning to wind its way toward my cheeks on the side.

So.  Much.  Fun.

And that's why I get to schedule a trip to the doctor this morning...because Mother's Day thinks it is April Fools Day and likes to play tricks on me.

Good thing I like being a mother so much or else I'd get really vindictive and who knows what kind of shenanigans I'd manage then. 

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh Melissa how miserable you probably got bitten and didn't even know it. You still look the same as when you were babysitting for me so no worries you don't look old enough to be a mom love you. suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...