...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, June 26, 2015

Fuel pump -- round II

Ah, it seems like only yesterday that I went to pick children up from junior high and ended up stranded on the side of the road with a malfunctioning fuel pump.

It wasn't actually yesterday, but it was not even quite a month ago.

Aubs sitting by Josh's jealous, drama queen car.
Well, I guess Josh's car was a little bit jealous of all the attention our Suburban got when it pulled that nasty stunt so the Rendezvous decided to join in the fun.

That's right, folks.  Josh's car was being sluggish and occasionally throwing a tantrum when we tried to start it so we finally took it in to the shop and found that its fuel pump (along with another expensive sensor) is indeed bad and must be replaced (at least it didn't leave us marooned on the side of the road, that was considerate).

Seriously?

Josh started a part time job this week at This is the Place Heritage Park and that means that we can't just send the Rendezvous to time out and limp by as a one car family until a more convenient time to empty our pockets into the engine of the car.  Josh's work schedule does not sync up nicely with our other scheduled family events.  Sigh.

And so, we will squeeze the budget to wring out money for yet another car repair.

Hopefully this will be that last tragedy to strike us for a bit.  This year has been a rough on on us (some years are just like that).

But if I am being very honest, this type of tragedy isn't really all that tragic.  It is difficult to try to bleed pennies from a nearly empty monetary vein, but there are so many things that would be so much worse (FYI, that was NOT an invitation for worse things to land on our doorstep).

Honestly, sometimes it is hard to stay positive when a barrage of troubles seems flood into life moment after moment after moment.  From health issues to financial problems to issues with kids there just has not been a lot of time to breathe this year.

I know you have had these times, when every time you open your eyes something difficult greets you and you feel like you are just scrambling from one fire to the next trying to put them all out (or at least keep them from spreading).

And yet, things will work out.

Somehow, someway, something will happen and an answer will come.  In our case, for this moment, that answer seems to be in the form of a part time job for my husband.  This, of course, is not my favorite plan.  It means that Josh will be gone even more than he already is and that isn't my idea of a perfect answer.  However, it is the answer that seems to be available and that will help us get through for the time being.

Sure, I would rather never have problems and then would rather that the solutions to the problems I don't want were grand, sweeping resolutions rather than band-aids which cover the wound but still leave us hurting.

However, I am not the overseer here.  My vision is limited.  But, I happen to expressly trust the guy in charge (even if I get frustrated and cross at times with the way things go down).  I know that His plan is the best one and if I trust Him despite my struggles the outcome will be the very best possible.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that in the moment.  Sometimes I throw a fit and wish for a quick fix or smooth sailing.  Sometimes I have to take a deep breath and remember that He and I are on the same side, fighting for the same goal.

Even when times are hard -- maybe especially when times are hard -- I NEED the strength that only my Heavenly Father can give and so I hold on and keep paddling and know that He will never leave me alone.

But I still hate that stupid fuel pump.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...