...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy conference surprise

Sunday morning we had the chance to listen to prophets and apostles of God as part of general conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The session begins at 10:00 am.

Just before the session was set to begin a big, unexpected mess happened in our house leaving me scrambling to handle some issues and a bit behind on getting things settled for conference.

I knew that our prophet, President Monson, would likely be the first speaker during this session and at our house we have a rule that everyone -- no matter their age -- comes in to watch and listen to the prophet when he is speaking.

However, because of our issue, I was knee deep in a problem and was a few minutes behind.  Scrambling out of the very needed shower I could hear the speaker start, and sure enough, it was President Monson.  I called to Josh to have him quick gather the kids (he had been involved in our other concern as well, but was a little ahead of me in getting back to normal) and have them get together to watch.

He came back a moment later, smiling, because when he went to find our children, this is what he discovered.


With no prompting from their flustered parents, our little ones had situated themselves in the living room, handed out conference bingo boards, and focused their attention of the prophet of God.

I could not have been more pleased.  I am so grateful I get to spend every day with this crazy crew of sweet and tender souls.

I am also grateful for my testimony of a living prophet and the enormous blessing of learning God's will for me through this righteous and powerful man as well as the Savior's other sacred servants.

I love general conference and I am thankful that the small people in my home are learning to love it as well.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...