...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, November 30, 2015

Aubs sings at Temple Square

This past weekend, Aubrey had the chance to perform at the Joseph Smith Memorial Center and then Temple Square with her musical theater group.  She has graduated into the oldest class in that group this year and is pretty excited about it.  I think they do a great job and I always enjoy watching them perform.

Just so you know, downtown SLC and I are not really on the best of terms.  I hate the crowds and the traffic and (most of all) the parking.  Knowing the whole thing would be an ordeal for me, I left the house an hour before the scheduled start time.  But it didn't matter because after wandering the streets and then the skinny parking structure aisles in my ginormasized motor vehicle packed with loud, small people, we did manage to squeeze into a spot and make it to the north visitor center to see the show, but we were still a smidge late.  I hate being late.  Ugh.

Anyway, for this particular presentation I had packed up the whole DeMoux crew and forced them to come with me to watch their sister.  They endured as best they could (at least they didn't throw tantrums even if they were spread across the floor in a "do we really have to be here" pattern...sigh).


Still, I think it is important we support each other so moments like this are mandatory around here (I don't make them attend every performance, but one per season is required).

Even if everyone wasn't on board all the way, I enjoy watching my baby girl shine.  She is incredible to me.  I love that sweet princess (and I think she is getting waaaaay too old waaaaay too fast.  Not fair!!).






Aubs even has a small solo in one of the songs, and I think she did great (but I'm biased, for sure).


Thankfully, my babies do care about each other as evidenced by Gavin willingly holding his sister's purse for her while she was otherwise engaged.


We finished off the evening with a trip upstairs in the visitor's center to see the statue of the Savior.  What better way could we start off the Christmas season than supporting our sister and remembering the life and sacrifice of our older brother.  Good stuff.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...