...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Family Piano Recital

Last night our Whitmer family hosted a piano recital for all of the cousins.  Between my brothers and I we have 13 little people who were willing to get up in front of everyone and perform.  My mom also coerced my siblings and siblings-in-law into taking a moment to tickle the ivories (no, I do not support use of actual ivory for piano keys).  

 
 


It was a fun evening.  I was impressed with my brother and my bonus sisters (I don't have any regular sisters).  They were all incredible.  My mom and I played an energetic ragtime duet for our bit, aaaaaaand I (of course) got my fingers tied in knots more for the performance than I ever did in practice.  Sigh.  Oh well, it was still fun.


I am awfully grateful for my mom who was behind this whole night because she got us all started on piano more than 30 years ago.  She has taught dozens of kids besides her own how to play and I am really thankful that she forced me to tackle this instrument.  I love seeing my babies play and that wouldn't happen if she hadn't taught her children.

Let me share a bit of our family talent with you (feel free to oooh and aaaah over my babies as they tear it up on the piano and flute).








Now, we are by no means concert pianists, but we all LOOOOVE music and enjoy the chance to share what we are learning.  I do love those evenings when we gather around the piano to sing songs and enjoy each other's company.  The years of practicing and working (even if I complained heartily about it at the time) were well worth it just for those moments if you ask me (thanks, Mom, for making me stick with it even if I didn't want to).

I do love the piano and I'm grateful my kids are learning to love it too.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...