...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, January 13, 2017

Shoe thief (that's me)

My 13 year old son and I have about the same size feet.  He also happens to have gotten a really great pair of tennis shoes ('cause you apparently aren't allowed to say "sneakers" anymore) for Christmas. These babies happen to fit me (and him) perfectly.  Which is where the trouble started.

Because they fit us both, that means if he leaves his shoes out where I can get to them I sometimes put them on and waltz around the house in them to harass him (as one does).  Sometimes I don't say anything I just prance into the room and casually put lots and lots of stuff away around him until he notices and then chases me down the pry the shoes off my feet (which is entertaining to the nth degree for sure...I laugh the entire time...and there really is an easy fix, put your shoes away and I will leave them alone).

It's a good natured bit of drama, but he does tend to come running if someone calls to him I am starting to put his shoes on, or even that I am looking at them too long.  He sprints into the room save his leather pals from his mother any time the need arises.

And then, yesterday, I needed to go get the mail so I mentioned that I needed to go find my shoes since it was raining and wet outside.

But my son, with the sweetest smile you have ever seen on a teenage boy, excused himself for a moment, went to his room and then brought me his new Christmas shoes.

I always knew he loved me (even if he does things that make my eyes leak sometimes).  What a great kid.

The kicks in question.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...