...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer Vacation: Day 1

Today is the first day of summer vacation for my husband and my high schoolers (my poor, sad, younger children still have a week of school).

So, we thought we'd get a quick project out of the way this morning.

We recently removed some trees from our yard and had borrowed my parents truck so we could cart their sorry carcasses off to the dump.  And while had my parent's truck readily available, we decided to take out a stump that is in an inconvenient spot as well.

No problem, we've removed stumps before.

The trio got to work first thing this morning before it got hot.

But the stump didn't want to play.

It has put down enough roots to save it from a tornado, a landslide, an earthquake, and a zombie apocalypse.

But my crew didn't quit (as I watched them from inside the house where I was working because not all of us get the summer off).  They kept at it.

And kept at it.

And kept at it.

And they're still keeping at it because the stupid thing won't go away.  They've axed, they've chain sawed, they've pried and pushed and dug.  But so far, it's the stump that's laughing.

And then, one big effort brought with it a sudden wetness.

That's right.  Come to find out someone planted this tree right on top of a water line.  Like right on it. Right.  On.  It.

Which means this project now involves plumbing (which just may be the bane of my husband's existence).

The teenagers are exhausted.  My sweetheart is still at it.  And off I go to help now that I can.


Can't wait to see what day 2 bring us.

(No, Universe, that was sarcasm.  This is already enough excitement for one summer.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...