...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Holiday Mad Gab Game


My son asked me to come to school to lead an activity in his class for their "freedom Friday" this month.  I do like to spend time in school with my kiddos, but sometimes I have a hard time finding something good to do that will entertain 30ish 5th graders.

Last time I went in we played several short minute-to-win-it type games so I wanted to do something different, but since it is December, I also wanted to do something fun.

I asked Google for some ideas and eventually landed on the idea of a Mad Gab style holiday game.  Sounds like a plan.

So I searched for something I could quickly print that was pre-prepped and ready to go.  But no such luck, I really struggled to find anything free that had more than a few ideas -- not nearly enough to keep the attention of a gaggle of eleven-year-olds for half an hour.

But thankfully, I have a willing team around my house so my husband, my teenagers and I sat down one afternoon and brainstormed Christmas related phrases and composed strange word combinations to try to hint at those ideas.  It did take some work.

But we did it, and now we are the proud (??) owners of a bunch of Christmas Mad Gab phrases which we can use for 5th-grade classrooms, extended family gatherings, friends who come to the house, church activities and who knows what else.  We'll tuck this file away and who knows when it will come in handy.

Now, in case you are looking for a Christmas Mad Gab, feel free to use this one.  It was a good fit for our need and maybe it will help you too.  It's not exactly fancy, but we think it's pretty fun -- and it's free so you can't complain too much.  Add your own ideas to make it just right for your group and hope you have as much fun with it as my son's adorably rowdy classmates did.

Free Christmas Mad Gab Game


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cool Missy!

Online Reputation Management said...

I totally love your blog. Keep writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...