Once upon a time, it was a Friday morning and I happened upon this interesting post about making your home more break-in proof using only a couple of 3-inch screws. The idea seemed simple enough -- change out the standard plate screws for longer ones and increase the anti-break-in-ness of your house.
So I decided to put this new idea to work. I found a couple of long screws, took out the short babies that were already there, used my handy-dandy drill to pre-drill guide holes for the bigger screws, then swapped out the drill bit for a screwdriver head and attempted to install the new screws.
And this is what happened.
Now, you can't tell from the picture but those screws are 3 inches long and STUCK!
They won't go in and they won't come out.
And that means that I can't close the door.
Which sorta stinks.
And even after lots of coaxing and pleading and begging those babies are still hanging out of the door frame mocking me with their stony, "We're here and we like it and we're not moving" glare. Fiends! Someone I know is getting their trouble-causing, metal behind tossed in the trash later!
This is the part where you tell me how impressed you are that I am ALMOST handy.
And then this is the part where I sigh and think how grateful I am for a husband who will laugh with me (or at me, I'm not really sure) and then make a plan to fix the trouble I've caused.
Guess I really screwed this one up (see what I did there).