...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh How a Decade Flies By

As of today, Josh and I have been married for ten fabulous years. It seems like just yesterday that we were on I-15 headed toward the Salt Lake Temple when I realized I had left my recommend at home and he sped through the pre-dawn darkness like Mario Andriette back to my West Valley abode so that we could still make it to our scheduled appointment with a bit of time to spare. That's when I knew he really did love me (just kidding). Really, the time has gone by so fast, and yet at the same time, it seems like we have always been together. Sometimes it momentarily surprises me when he doesn't remember my foibles from when I was eleven years old. I have to remind myself, oh yeah, he wasn't around then.Our world has changed a lot since those blissful, newly wed days. We now have five, nearly six, little monsters that we call our own. I can only imagine that life without them would be much slower and very dull (although probably cleaner). We have a house that we love, Josh has a job he never would have imagined but that he adores. We have been blessed beyond measure, and I could not be more grateful for a Heavenly Father who has helped us maneuver our life to find such happiness. Not to say that it has been a piece of cake, but a piece of sweet bread at least.

We are both a bit heavier than we were when we started this adventure, we have learned a lot and are hopefully growing wiser as time goes on. I cannot imagine my life without this incredible guy that was crazy enough to marry me. He makes me more happy than I ever thought I could be, and I am looking forward to another ten years and then eternity after that. Thank you, Josh, for making my life a joy.


(Ok, pregnancy pictures are really not usually my favorite thing to post, but this is the most recent pic I have of us together. I love the emphasis on my gigantic belly that Josh adds by sticking his hand there...oh well)

1 comment:

mormongrandpablogger said...

We are so pleased with the result of your union those many years ago. It has flown by for us but we also feel the joy you both share in your relationship. Thanks for letting us be part of your lives and the lives of those sweet little 'monsters' you adore so much. This next one will be an angel and we are just thrilled to have her come be with us. Happy decade together. Dad and Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...