...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ogden Temple Visit

This morning I packed up my crew just before 8:00 am and we schlepped our way to the Ogden Utah Temple open house.


What a great way to spend a morning.  Unfortunately, Josh couldn't come along on this little adventure because he is back to school this week.  We missed you, baby cakes!

Temples are amazing and I am always in awe of their beauty and the incredible love and tranquility felt within their walls.

I have been very much looking forward to letting my small herd of littles taste a piece of that too.  

To be honest, they were not exactly thrilled to be pulled out of bed and inserted in Sunday clothes on a Wednesday.  Also, there might have been a bit of complaining about the hour long car ride when they could be home playing video games.

However, they reluctantly decided to play along and in the end I think they were glad they came (although they were also glad to un-tuck their shirts once we got outside).  


I know that temples are the House of God and I wanted to share a bit of that with my kidlets (if you would like to know why temples are so precious to members of our faith check out this video about why we build temples).  I wanted them to see for themselves the rooms where covenants are made and let them ask questions about "why is it set up like that" and "what do you do in here?"  I want the temple to be a living and breathing piece of my children's lives because I know the peace and comfort and truth that is found there and I hope they will make the choices that bring that peace and comfort and truth of their Father in Heaven into their lives as well.  


I'm grateful we had the chance to attend and that I got to spend the morning in one of my favorite places with a bunch of my favorite people.  I feel pretty lucky that thanks to temple covenants I get to be with these nutcases forever.  That is one amazing blessing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...