...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial weekend on the farm

This weekend we took a trip to Huntington, Utah.

You've probably not really heard much of Huntington, but it is a place we love.  My mom was born and raised there and my grandparents lived there almost forever.  My sweet grandma was buried there just a few weeks ago.  This memorial weekend was the first where we visited her grave as well as the graves of many of our other ancestors.  

While at the cemetery, we also visited the memorial to miners who lost their lives while working in the mines.  One of these was my uncle, Kerry Grange who died when I was not quite two.  


But a trip to Huntington also means a visit to the farm.

And that is the best bit of all for my crew.  After all, there are things you can see and do on a farm that you just can't see and do here at home.

We get to cavort with the neighbors, even if they are a bit untidy and pretty loud.


There is always fun to be had in the chicken coop -- and eleven eggs on one morning is not half bad!


Some of our friends are a bit more skittish than others at the start...


...but they come around.

We take a shot or two (and grandpa always has something fun to shoot at).


And once in a while, Grandpa Grange teaches us a new skill.


The girls love to share a meal with friends.


But the best part of all is spending the day with our Grandpa.  We love him so so much and are thankful for every moment we get to spend with him.  I love his laugh and his gentle way and his patience with children.  I love the influence he is on my little ones.  I just love him.  He is the best of men, and I am forever grateful to have his my my grandpa.


Anyway, it was a wonderful, farm fresh morning.  I hope we have many many more in the years to come.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...