...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Around the house of late...

Lately we've had all kinds of fun going on around here.  Thought we'd share a bit of that (you know, since you are sooooooo interested in the everyday goings on of this quirky household).

1. We became temporary cat owners.
Very temporary.
Because I am allergic.  
We found this little cutie calling for help from under our car one night and we just couldn't leave her out on her own.  So the kids made a home for her in our shed for a few days while we tried to find her family.  But, no luck, so eventually we took her to the shelter and hopefully she found a loving family there.


2. We did a bit of re-decorating.
This lovely little number came home with me from a trip to Michael's (Josh sent me to Michael's so really the whole thing was his fault). 


It matches my dresser (which is actually a buffet, but we don't say that out loud so it has no idea) perfectly and fills in a space that has needed some love on my wall for a while.  Yeah!!!


3. Kids making awesome stuff.
I love it when they get all creative and do something wonderful (in fact, that's the reason I LOOOOVE it when they tell me they are bored...I know something great is coming next).


4. Our front door needed some spicing up -- and something that could work in any season (can't leave our Easter Bunny up ALL year).  So Josh and I put our heads together and this is what we decided on.

One door hanger to rule them all...



5. Cutie pies sleeping.
That's all I have to say, but I love it when I find them.


6. Also not what I really went to Michael's for, but something I have been looking for for a long time (I didn't want one made of paper).  This metal number fills the bill.  The kids painted the states we have traveled to as a family (the whole family) and there you go.  I hope to completely fill this baby in over the coming years.


7. This little man has been completely enamored with cooking lately and helps me prepare just about every meal.  He is awesome and I love having a helper.


Life is good.  Life is crazy.  There is always something wild going on, but being surrounded by the very best people soothes the sting of whatever else comes our way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...