...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Stick a fork in me, I'm done



The other morning, Ellie came in looking for help.  She was making her lunch for school and couldn't find any plastic spoons.  It's rough to eat applesauce without a spoon, so I came in to see if we could dig one up.

We were, I discovered, completely out of plastic spoons.  However, we had a plethora of plastic forks so I suggested she take one of those for the day and use that instead.  She grumbled a bit, but finished making her lunch and headed off to school.

The next morning I still hadn't been to the store, so we still had no plastic spoons.  (Lest you think I am an ogre, we do not allow metal spoons to go to school for lunch because they tend to get thrown away accidentally and then I run out of silverware.)

Ellie came in all chipper to ask if I had gotten more spoons, and I said no, but reminded her that she could still use a fork. 

Her face fell.  She rolled her eyes and stormed out dramatically calling, "No, I'll just take carrots.  You don't need a spoon for those and I don't want people to see me eating applesauce with a fork."

Goodness, who knew that plastic spoons were such an essential part of growing up.  Oh the drama of disposable utensils (or their absence). Well, at least she was still health conscious enough to find a substitute fruit or vegetable for her afternoon meal.  I guess that's something. 

Don't worry, we did manage to procure a substantial supply of spoons so life should go better from now on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...