...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, April 5, 2018

He's not a Man, He's a Chicken-Boo


Image result for he's a chicken boo


(Not familiar with Chicken-Boo?  I'd say you might should indulge in a lovely little 90's cartoon called the "Animaniacs," but you can get a tiny tutorial on the topic here:
What the heck is Chicken-Boo? )











This week we had spring break, and my husband had five chicks following him around much of the time.


That's the face you get when you surprise take a picture of your husband while he is cooking.

He is a pretty good-lookin' guy and he has a bunch of really top-notch qualities...but these chicks were not human.  They were of the chick-en variety so I really wasn't too concerned.

You see, while some families took trips, watched movies, and had fancy adventures, my husband spent his spring break translating pages that looked like this...


into something that looks like this.



Yup, my man dedicated his spring break to helping me create a new, more-appropriate, will-hopefully-last-forever-because-we-never-want-to-do-that-again chicken coop to better house my clutch of hens.  

This guy really is a good sport.

Josh took my quickly imagined plans (drawn by a FAR from professional level engineer...but my little brother is an engineer so that makes it ok, right?) and helped me smooth out all the...er, rough (really really rough)...edges.  We punted kind of a lot when things didn't quite work the way we thought they would.  We made stuff up and learned things from the brilliant folks on YouTube.

But in the end, VOILA!  Freshly minted chicken coop with all the things we've learned we needed over the past year and enough space for our girls to happily live out their days in egg-laying bliss.

And that's why they were following him around all weekend (that, and they hoped he would give them some meal worms...he's pretty free with meal worms).  Really, who could blame them.  I know I can't.

I do love that guy!


Hope your spring break was just as eventful and maybe a little more exciting than ours.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great looking chicken coop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...