...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, April 10, 2009

That Was Totally **WICKED**

Last night, Josh and Aubrey and I went to the Capitol Theatre and saw Wicked, the musical. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! Josh and I have always been musical lovers (bring on show tune Saturday night) and Aubrey has loved Wicked since we got the cd last Christmas. Aubrey sings all the songs and knows the story and everything . She is obsessed.

I cannot say enough good about the show. We love the story, there were a couple of surprises that we didn't pick up on by listening to the cd. We have always loved the music, it is beautiful and fun and entertaining all on it's own. The actors were amazing, the sets were overwhelming, the flying monkeys were absolutely fabulous...I just loved every bit of it.

My sweet parents bought us the tickets for our birthdays/mother's day/Easter/everything else for the year... what a great gift. We got to the theater to find that our seats were on the very back row. There was no more nosebleed than we were, but for us it was perfect because Aubrey could sit up on her chair or stand or sit on her dad's lap and we didn't have to worry about the people behind us still being able to see. Also, we had a lot of space right next to our chairs where we could pile our coats and things and Aubrey was even able to lay down during intermission (or half time, as we call it).

Anyway, the night was perfect. I cannot recommend the show highly enough, Aubrey loved it and was on the edge of her seat almost the whole time...what am I saying, Josh and I were on the edge of our seats the whole time too. Thanks Mom and Dad for an unforgettable evening. It was a very memorable night.

On a much cuter note, My brother and sister-in-law had their baby girl yesterday and we are really looking forward to meeting her in person very soon. Congratulations you two. We love you.

3 comments:

mytee sooperox said...

Glad you loved it! I love it, too! I saw it just over a year ago in Hollywood with my friend w/o kids or sarcastic husbands. Completely amazing! I'm glad the writers chose to tie it more to the Wizard of Oz movie than to Gregory Maguire's book.

T-Time said...

Oh I am so jealous! I tried and tried so hard to get Kenzie and I tickets but they sold out! :*

I saw wicked in Chicago last year and fell in love with it. I am so glad you got to go! even though I am green with envy! LOL

Josh and Heather said...

Awesome play. Glad you guys enjoyed it as much as we did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...