...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, June 7, 2010

On to Bigger and Better Things

Last week, Parker officially finished kindergarten.
I can hardly believe he is old enough for that.
He can hardly wait to start first grade...to eat lunch at school, have three recesses, and walk home with his siblings instead of his mom.
His teacher, Mrs. Timothy, has been incredible.
We LOOOOOOVE her!!!
It has been awesome to spend time in the classroom watching her interact with the kids. We have always been blessed with fabulous kindergarten teachers, but she may be my favorite ever. Parker is reading like crazy (PJ ended up with the most reading minutes in his class...brag brag, proud Mom :)) and has learned so many other fun things. Sadly, she will be moving to another school next year. I would love to have other kids in her class as they get old enough.

The last day of class the kids put on a little program showing off many of the things they learned throughout the year. I didn't get many pictures (thanks to a screaming baby) but here is a little sampling.
Also, as a side note, I am also moving into a different arena. I have been serving in the primary (and loving it) but this weekend have been given the opportunity to move into relief society and serve there. I have NEVER been in relief society before (after 15 years of "adulthood" I guess it is about time) so I am a bit nervous, but the relief society president (Lyndsay Gardner) is incredible and I look forward to learning from her. I am, in all honestly, sort of excited for the chance to try something new, and to get to know the sisters in our ward (since I already know their kids pretty well). Should be interesting, and a great chance for growth.

3 comments:

Daley Family said...

I'm really excited about the new RS presidency! I think you're all going to do great!!!

Kevin, Jenn, Hayden, & Tanner said...

Well this is cool. Parker's teacher was my 3rd grade teacher. She was awesome! How fun for him to be done with Kindergarten.
Yay for you to be in RS. I bet you will be great in there.

Kristin Aiello said...

Congratulations, Parker. I know that is so exciting.
Melissa, you know I can babysit whenever you need it so you can do your calling, or just need a break. Thank you for helping me out so much lately. Sorry about our dramatic exits each time. Daniel just loves your house too much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...