...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The day after Thanksgiving, we dressed our house for Christmas.  After discarding four strings of lights that worked when we put them away last year but won't bother to come to life this year, we got the tree all glittery and the kids gobbed all the ornaments onto it (why they put all of the ornaments in one area I don't understand, that's just how it is).  It was lots of fun.


We also made our first Christmas craft this week.  One of our traditions is to light candles for our nightly scripture and story reading during December.  We have had a couple of mishaps the last few years involving spilled wax and screaming ("NO, I get to blow out the blue candle!!") so we opted to try to handle both problems with one fun craft.  These cute cans should collect the wax and everyone has their own (with identical candles) so there should not be as much fighting (I hope, I hope, I hope). 

Then, this morning we woke up to snow.
Lot's of snow.
I tweaked my back something fierce helping to push a lady in a little compact car out of the drifts (I don't know how much help I was, I think our sweet Spanish neighbor did the bulk of the work, but man I was sore!). 
My incredible husband had already shoveled our driveway and sidewalks even though he had to leave for work before 6:00 am, so I enlisted the kids to help shovel our two neighbors out and then we were done.  It was a crazy morning. 
The kids were excited to go outside and play in the snow. Well, mostly. Parker let the dogs out to play and they knocked him down and then sort of buried him in the snow, he was not thrilled with that. Logan, after realizing that snow is cold, decided that he wanted no part of it and came inside.






Ellie was not involved in the snow.
I have learned better than that.  Also, I am not sure she is tall enough to breathe if I let her into the white fluff. 

This is definitely a memorable start to our Christmas season. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...