...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bon Jovi broke my soup

Last night while I was sitting at home pouting because Josh was at the Bon Jovi concert and I wasn't (he was working, but still) I made chicken noodle soup for dinner.  Soup is comfort food and it seemed like a good night to drown my sorrows in broth.

So, I plopped the diced vegetables and chicken in the pot of bubbling water, then pulled out the bouillon cubes to add flavor to the dish.  I set a pile of cubes out, but was then interrupted by screaming in the family room (with six kids, that happens often...probably with two kids that still happens often). 

Anyway, so I went to solve the problem and when I came back the bouillon cubes were gone.  I checked the garbage for the wrappers to see if I had added them and I just didn't remember, but no, no yellow paper shreds there. 

What the heck!  Bouillon cubes don't just disappear.  They aren't pixie dust, after all.  I quickly stirred my flavorless soup only to see little shimmers of yellow from inside the pot.  Yup, I inadvertently dropped all 15 bouillon cubes into the simmering mixture.  What a dork.

I had to fish them out one at a time and try to unwrap the now soggy and steaming cubes so that I could redeposit them in the soup and it might taste a little more savory than it did before. 

In the mean time, this is what Josh was seeing and hearing.  And I was INCREDIBLY jealous. 
I LOVE BON JOVI!!
(He said this concert was MUCH better than Lady Gaga....I am not a bit surprised).

1 comment:

Tristy said...

Even if he was just working, I am super jealous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...