...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

More Good Books (glad to have them in my house)

I read these books this past week.  My kids and I had been exposed to the original 39 clues books a while ago (my boys in particular are HUGE fans) but I hadn't read this new series completely. 

So when a request went out for someone to read and review the newest book in the series ("The Dead of Night") for the Deseret News, I jumped at the chance.  These books are really fun and very intelligent.  They kind of remind me of Artemis Fowl blended with Percy Jackson.  They are just a great little adventure series.

I think every reader of chapter books in our house has plunged into these stories in the past week and everyone has come up for air only when required (you know for necessities like eating and school).  We have devoured these stories and all of us (child and adult readers alike) have loved them.

In case you were wondering, I highly recommend this series.

I'll let you know when the review publishes (not that you need it so much now since you read this).

Seriously, good little books.

(As an added bonus, when the paper sent me to books to read and review they sent library editions so these are awesome sturdy and will last a good long time...love it!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...