...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Chatter

Sundays are usually low(er) key days at our house.  Without all the havoc of running kids to and from friends houses, sports practices, dance rehearsals, scouts, activity days, etc etc etc we tend to be a little less crazy on this beloved day.

But, hanging out together around the house (no friends on Sundays, just family time) sometimes brings out the odd.

So yesterday Ellie came strutting into the kitchen looking very thoughtful.  I asked her what she was thinking about and this is what she said.

Ellie: "Mom, I think we shouldn't punch our uncles in the nose...and also we shouldn't punch Jesus in the nose.  He is the Lord of the city, he would be mad."  Good advice for sure.

But the real winning chat of the day came later on.  I was brushing Ellie's hair when Gavin suddenly came into the bathroom asking about sex (what the heck, why can they never go to their father for this stuff!!).  He couldn't remember what sex was so since he was interested we had a quick refresher course (this is not a topic that is taboo in our house, if the kids have questions I want them to feel comfortable coming to me....although I think Josh should have to take a turn now and then!).

But then I decided to take it a step further and said, "Gav, remember sex is really special and we should not have sex until...."

"Until we get baptized!"  he finished enthusiastically.  I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure we haven't taught that.

"No," I gently corrected, "We actually wait until after we're married."  That's better.

Fun times in the DeMoux home. 

1 comment:

jess said...

I just love how candid and honest most kids are. It makes for very interesting conversations and hilarious blog posts. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...