...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, February 26, 2015

My newest bit of front door signage

For a couple of years I have been looking for something cute to hang on my door for the St. Patrick's day season.  I have festive door hangers for Valentine's and for Easter but there is a pretty big gap in between so I hoped St. Patty could fill that time frame for me.

I looked and looked, but I am cheap and sometimes hard to please (I really don't like things that are overly cutesy or cheesy).  

Well, the other day I decided to get some ideas from my exceptionally creative friend, Pinterest, and see what she suggested.  She's fabulous.  She had just the thing.  

Here's the finished product.


I LOOOOVE it!

Not only is it simple and clean and just what I was looking for, but it also lets me incorporate a horse shoe that I gathered from my Grandpa's farm several years ago so it holds a bit of nostalgia for me as well (riding horses at my grandparent's house is one of my very favorite memories from childhood).

While I honestly adore this hanger, I am still planning on putting together one more.

I need (like, seriously NEED) a sign which reads:

"This house is full of shenanigans and malarkey."

I'm not sure there is a more truthful Irish tinted statement which could be said of our home.  Oh the malarkey and shenanigans housed within these walls!

Super fun, I love this kind of thing.  It is always fun to celebrate something and have fun and excitement to look forward to and add color to life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...