...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Raspberries-R-Us (yippee!!)

Tis the season for raspberries.

Yum.

And for the first time in forever (yup, I hear a lot of "Frozen" so I totally sang that line in my head while I typed) I have more raspberries than I know what to do with.

Ok, actually, not more than I know what to do with, but lots more than I'm used to having.

So hooray!

Here we are all clean and cute and so cool we're ready for the freezer.

In the past, I have had to rely on my friendly, neighborhood berry dealer to help me get my fix.

She did even donate some starter plants to my cause a couple of years ago, but they weren't producing much more than a handful by the time we moved out of that home (hopefully the new owners are happily indulging).

However, the previous owners of our new (to us) house had the foresight to realize I am a raspberry lover and so they kindly planted and nurtured raspberries.  I think that was pretty kind (I haven't met them, but they sound like they are really great people...and planting a mess of raspberries is pretty good proof if you ask me).

Our biggest berry patch all barren of red fruit.

Anyway, the point is, now I have enough berries to munch on by the handful, make jam for the year, AND to freeze berries to use in recipes for a while (not to mention all the berries that got gobbled up by my dog and my chickens...rotten creatures!).  My kids have been picking every few days and I even managed to convince the neighbor girls that picking berries is fun (don't worry, I paid them in plump fruit).

A glut of raspberries is a great problem to have.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...