...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Excitement at Home

Life has been exciting for us this month, but some of the best bits and pieces are just things that happen during a normal day.

For example, we learned this month that the game, Twister, was not so much designed for parents. Gavin got Twister for his birthday and we have played it several times and Josh and I have found that we are neither flexible nor well balanced (in more ways than one). We fight over who gets to spin the dial and who has to actually get up and play. Sweet guy that he is, Josh usually lets me spin (that and I play the "I am a little dizzy because I am so tired from feeding the baby all night long" card). Twister...not for the full grown!!!


Also, we have found that having a new baby has made it a bit harder to stay on top of the other kids the way that we like to. For example, Logan (who is two...enough said) has found that when Mom is feeding the baby, she is not as likely to be able to get up and get him out of things or chase him down when he has something he shouldn't. He flaunts that with his gigantic "Ha ha, you can't get me" smile (Oh, he will learn).
.
Along the same lines, I have become a little less vigilant at bath time and that has gotten exciting a couple of times. Josh is a FREAK about getting water on the floor in the bathroom. NOTHING bothers him more than an excessively splashy bath time and the wet repercussions. And so, he has not exactly been thrilled lately when he comes home to a sopping wet bathroom rug hanging up in the shower to dry. Wonder how that happened? It was funny to me.


And the new baby, with five other little monsters!! They sure keep us on our toes...but they are sooo worth it!!

2 comments:

Henich Family said...

Ha ha ha ha, I especially love the sigh at the end from you!

Aniston already thinks it is so funny to splash me and Tor. But of course she learned from Torrey, I go in there one time and he is soaked and the bathroom is dripping from every corner but they were both laughing and enjoying themselves....what do you do? ;)

mormongrandpablogger said...

What is the deal with the video? I wanted to see how the floor got so wet. Sure glad nothing like that ever happened in our home. And I know that your dad was never a 'water-nazi' cause those things never bothered him. If you ever need help with training Logan......good luck--we've done our time!!! Love all of you and love watching you grow together. Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...