...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, February 19, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday...

My Beautiful Girl!
This month, Aubrey turns eight.
Eight years old calls for a birthday party.
.
Aubrey is completely addicted to Harry Potter right now, so we put together the best Harry Potter bash we could come up with for her and few of her closest friends. We invited everyone to Hogwarts to complete their classes.
.
*For Orientation we sorted the kids into their houses and tried every flavor beans (boy the "rotten egg" and "pencil shavings" were was disgusting...no one dared try "vomit"). We also had Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, Broom Riding, Potions (thanks Mythbusters for Diet Coke and mint Mentos demonstrations), and Care of Magical Creatures classes. It was fun.
Bryce showing off one of the "magic wands" that the kids got when they completed all of their classes.

Some more of our wands...the kids spent 20 minutes or so casting fake spells at each other.

Dragon Egg bashing (not the best way to care for magical creatures, but loads of fun!). Aubrey and I made the pinata.

Pin the spell on the wizard (Defense Against the Dark Arts).
Note: I am not an artist.

Decorations galore...A fabulous occasion!

Our class schedule, fully completed.

Graduation celebration, with those party pop streamer things.
.
One of the things that made me most proud was that Aubrey, all on her own, invited her brothers to be a part of her party. She included them in every activity just as much as she included her friends.
.
It was a really fun party for all of us (but Mom is kind of glad it is done now).
Happy Birthday Princess, we love you!!!

5 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

How awesome are you guys?!? Seriously that is so fun! I think I may throw myself a Harry Potter party ;)

Paula said...

You are so creative! That sounds like such a fun party! Brian and I can't get over how old Aubrey is looking these days. We're excited to come to the baptism!

Kristin Aiello said...

What fun. When I was growing up the best parties were the ones that the moms did, and not the store bought versions. Well, maybe there were no store bought versions when I was little yet. We were too poor to know, I guess. I hope we can have a fun party like that for Abby's birthday. What fun ideas you have.

Megan said...

That looks like so much fun! Happy birthday, Aubrey!

mormongrandpablogger said...

Wow, Aubrey sure had a great birthday. I would love to have a want so I could cast a spell or two. The next big thing will be the baptism in two weeks. Hurray for Aubrey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...