...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Humbled

Yesterday afternoon I needed to set up our recently inherited, ultra huge tent.  I had to clean it out and be sure I knew how it went together before Bryce's family scout camping trip tonight.
Just to let you know, I have set up a LOT of tents in my day and don't usually have trouble doing it on my own (FYI I'm ultra stubborn).
Well, this tent is really big, and not so much meant to be put up by one person.  Also, it was pretty windy at our house yesterday afternoon and the fabric of the tent acted like a gigantic kite.  
Still, I was determined.
I just kept at it.
Then it got really hard.
And I started to get really frustrated.
Parker was helping me put the poles together, hold the corners down and little things like that.  
I'm embarrased to admit that the more frustrated I got, the closer I got to using more colorful language (I really am not a swearer mostly, but once in a while...), so rather than have Parker be forced watch (and hear) me throw a tantrum, I sent him in the house. 
He could tell I was not at my best, so he didn't argue,listened quickly and scuttled into the house.
I stuck with it (no way I was going to let the tent win), and things eventually started to come together. 
Finally, Ha Ha, success.
That is when Parker came back outside.
He smiled when he saw that the tent was taking shape and that I was not as upset.
"Mom, I know you were having a hard time so when I went in the house I said  a prayer for you that Heavenly Father would help you get the tent done."
Oh....
While I was outside on the verge of a profanity laced fit, Parker was inside handling things in a much more adult and much more inspired way.
What a humbling moment.
I gave Parker a huge hug and apologized for nearly losing it.  Then he happily helped me clean out the tent, take it all down and pack it back in it's bag.
I am so grateful for these small ones that I have been blessed with.
I learn so much from these incredible little people.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...