...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, December 6, 2010

All I need are colored tights and a cape

Today I gave Super Mom a run for her money.  Ok, not really because Super Mom would have actually styled her hair, not slopped it into a ponytail and called it good and Super Mom would have noticed that there was oatmeal wedged in Ellie's ear before she headed out the door...but lets overlook that.

Today's Excitement...
1. Get kids to do their morning chores...you would think after doing the same chores day after day for years they could manage it without me following them around, but no.

2. Send the kids out the door on time for school.

3. Make younger children look presentable and shovel them into the Suburban by 8:15 for a well child check at 8:50 across town...if only our Doctor wasn't so fabulous, we could find someone closer.

4. Dr visit.  Very exciting.  Ellie screamed so much the doctor couldn't hear her heartbeat at first.  I had to restrain her flailing limbs for him to check her ears.  What fun.

5. Pile everyone back in the Suburban -- all happily toting new stickers and fancy tongue depressors, the favorite prize of doctor visits -- and drop Gavin off at preschool.  Just pretend that he wasn't a half hour late by the time we got there.

6. Go grocery shopping and pick up Ellie's precription for her inflamed airway (thanks last years RSV). 

7. What do you mean Walmart is out of Singulair?  Can that really happen, I thought you were a pharmacy.   Like, a real pharmacy.  Grrrrr.  I guess we head back tomorrow too.

8. Put all the groceries away.  Try not to step on Ellie who is following me everywhere I go.  I love that little girl.

9. Pick up Gavin from pre-school.

10.  Serve lunch.  Yogurt, bananas, bread and the piece de resistance, diced hot dogs skewered by little cocktail swords.  That's right...Super Mom eat your heart out!

11. Put kids down for naps.

12.  Breathe for a minute.

13.  Finish up article on toy safety for Christmas and submit it before it comes due.

14.  Clean toothpaste off bathroom counter, mirror, sink, faucet, floor and toilet (what?  come on guys).

15. Make fruity Pebble rice crispy treats for after school snack.  This is getting long...help kids w/ homework, give three oldest piano lessons and toss in a load of laundry for good measure.

16. Make sandwiches for early dinner, gather library books that will tarnish my credit if I don't return them today, DON'T STEP ON ELLIE!!!

17.  Coats, shoes, everyone potty.  Into the Suburban.  Books to library on time -- take that grumpy librarian! -- and cruise to Cyprus High school for elementary singing festival.

18.  Deposit Aubs and PJ with teachers and truck everyone else to the very back row (so we won't obscure anyone's view when we stand and run around which WILL happen) to watch the concert.

that look pretty much sums up her whole day
19.  Entertain Logan and Ellie with my crazy, though quiet, antics.  Appreciate Gavin and Bryce quietly coloring.  Clap.

20.  Herd the kidlets back to the car (why did I think parking a block away was a good idea). 

21. Bedtime routine -- light candles, sing songs, read scriptures, read story, say prayer, family cheer and scoot the children to bed.

22. Say prayers with kids (how old are they when they finally don't need me there when they say prayers?), turn on Monday night football.  Wait for Josh to come home.

23.  Tell Josh to bring me food on his way home, I am waaaaaay too exhausted to cook anything now.  Wait, I didn't do that yet, can I put it on the list? ...........It's my blog, I can do what I want!

Thankfully, God has a way of blessing us to be able to manage the things that must be done.  We aren't perfect, at least I'm not, but we get through it.  I didn't even yell at anyone today.  I think that's pretty good.  Yup, hand me a cape, I may just be able to fly.

3 comments:

mormongrandpablogger said...

I'm worn out after reading this. I think I will just sit back and take a little nap. Thanks for taking good care of my grandkids.

Daley Family said...

You've got to love days like that! You are an amazing woman :)

Green River High School said...

I am pooped just reading that. You go, GIRL! You are SUPERMOM.... no doubt about that one!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...