...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthdays Galore

Yesterday I finished a project that has been hanging over my head for over a month.  At the beginning of every new year I make 30 something birthday cards so that Josh and I can send one to each of our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews for their birthday. 

I actually do like making cards, but I don't love making 30+ of the same card yet I am too lazy to dream up a different design for every person so I am stuck in a quandary.

Pretend like the picture isn't sideways, I don't know
why it is doing that.
I have a 12 slot accordion file and I plunk the birthday for each month into their slot and then send them all at the beginning of the month.  I am sure this is somewhat bothersome if your birthday is, oh, say, the 28th of the month ("Wow, a birthday card 26 days early...hmmm.") but I can't remember to send the cards every week.  I end up forgetting and then I feel bad and I do NOT need more guilt in my life. 

So, that brings me to this project.  I have put it off and put it off until finally January completely vanished (thank goodness there are no January birthdays in our family).  But Huzzah!!  Now it is done, and I am glad for that.  It makes me feel good to take at least one moment every year to remember each family member individually and let them know how grateful we are for them. 

So (close your eyes family members) here is the finished product. (Nothing fancy, but they'll do).  It is nice to have everything ready to go for the rest of the year.  Here's to many happy birthdays this year!

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

Excellent idea. It reminds me of my Aunt Gloria. When I was a girl, she had a file with a card for everyone in the family. It was so nice of her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...