...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cats

I am a dog person.

I make no apologies for that.  It is just the way I am.  I traveled to Earth with a greater appreciation for canines than felines.

This week I learned that maybe there is a biological reason for that.

I went to visit a friend who happens to own some cats.  She has one cute little Siamese kitty that is particularly fond of me.  This cat jumped up on my lap for some attention, so I petted it a bit (I prefer dogs, but I don't wish the death of cats or anything). 

The cat was shedding a bit and some of her hair got near my face.

This is what happened.


Right after I got home from her house.

Me smiling through my trauma (ok, it really wasn't so bad)

 My eye swelled up like a balloon.  It was itchy and puffy and awful.  Bryce told he me couldn't stand to look talk to me when I looked like that and quickly left the room (I forgive him).  Logan told me I needed to go to the doctor.  The kids were adorable, they told me they would handle things if I needed to take a nap.  Josh wondered if I'd been in a fight when he got home that night.  It was all sorts of exciting. 

I had taken an anithistimine that morning because of some seasonal allergies, just imagine what I would have looked like if I hadn't had those drugs in my system. 


Five hours after the cat incident.


The next morning it was still pretty puffy...but Bryce would talk to me with it like this.  Whew!
I still plan to go see my friend regularly, but I may be a little bit more cautious around that cat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...