...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memoial Day

Just a quick shout out to all of those who have served our country over the years.  I have a very deep love for this nation and I will forever be grateful for those who put their lives on a dangerous path to protect the freedoms that I get to enjoy.  If you are serving or have ever served or have been the support system for someone who served in any branch of the military I just want to say thank you.  Your sacrifice and service are very much appreciated and although the rest of us can never really repay you I hope you feel how grateful we are.

Also, to my Grandpa Grange (who worked magic as a supply clerk in the Philippines) and to Josh's Uncle Dade (who guided -- that's the soft, civilian term -- new recruits as a drill sergeant and died of exposure to war related chemicals) an extra special thanks for your love and example and dedication.  We would not be who we are without the service you gave.  We love you all the way to the clouds. 

On top of all that, also I want to say thanks and I love you to sweet family members who have made their way home to Heaven from my family.  I love you Grammie and can't wait to tell stories together with you when I catch up with you again.  Also Haddie and Marnie, your lives were short, but very very sweet and it will be fun to get to know you both someday.  And to ancestors and family for generations long past, thank you for the life you built so that I could piggyback on your love and learning.  I am thankful for the family I came from and I am especially grateful for the family I am building and without these beautiful people who strolled the earth before me I wouldn't have that chance.

Love you all.  Happy Memorial Day.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...