...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Laundry conquers space (but not the outer kind)

We do a lot of laundry at our house.

There really is no way around it, with eight people living here and all of their messes and clothes and bedding and towels and the like it is nearly impossible to escape a couple of loads a day if we don't want to drown in a deluge of dirty fabrics.

Well, when washing at least two loads of laundry a day one must have a place to stack the freshly cleaned stuff so that it doesn't get trampled or thrown on the floor or whatever.  For me, that means I need a laundry basket for everyone in which I can deposit freshly cleaned and folded items so that they can put them away every Saturday (which is chore day at our house and one weekly chore is putting away laundry). 

The trouble is that my laundry room is just a little bit on the small side, particularly when trying to squish seven (Josh and I can share...aw, for cute) laundry baskets into the tiny space.

Well, this week, Josh solved my problem for me.  We went to the home improvement store and bought parts to make a couple of shelves and now my over cramped laundry room is a bit more spatially sound.  Now instead of cluttering the floor with clothes and tripping over baskets every time I attempt to weave my way to the washing machine I have a place for everything!

I love it!!

(Thanks, honey, you are the best!)

My fancey new shelves for laundry.
My tiny but now a little less cramped than before laundry room.

1 comment:

jess said...

It's always exciting to make changes like that I think. In our last condo I hung a rod up and it was the best improvement ever. Congrats and good luck with the laundry. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...