...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dad DeMoux

This is Josh's dad.
 
This is the man who taught my husband how to be a man.  He did an unparalleled job on that front. 
 
He is pretty incredible.
 
 
This week he had a stroke.  It was pretty severe and is taking its toll on our dad.  It has been a difficult week for our family, and especially for Josh's parents.  We don't know how things will turn out just yet.  Life will not be the same. 
 
I cannot say we are grateful for this turn of events.  It's hard.  No one wants to face tragedy like this.  It is not on anyone's list of fun things to do.  However, I am intensely grateful for this amazing family that I am blessed to be a part of.  There is such power in watching these five brothers swarm around their parents to comfort and love them and attend to their every need.  It is comforting to see their trust and care for each other as they joke and tease about happening to keep the timbre of life upbeat despite the glaring hitch laid in front of them. 
 
These are amazing men -- every one of them -- and much of that is due to the man who raised them. I will forever be in his debt.  He molded the man who has helped me form my family. How do you thank someone for something like that?
 
As we face this challenging path, I am grateful to know that we have a Father in Heaven watching out for our family.  I am grateful to know that through temple ordinances our family is eternal so despite our struggles we will be able to be together forever.  I am grateful for the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and for the comfort and peace that His sacrifice lends to our lives when we trust in Him.
 
I don't know what will happen.  The future is not clear right now.  But one thing is certain, our family will pull together and do our best to get through this together.  And no matter what else, we'll forever cherish our dad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...