...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Famous

Last week I went to the KSL studios downtown to film a piece for a commercial.  That's right, I'm sorta famous.  Um.  Well, I did meet Shawn Bradley once and he was famous.  Does that count?

Anyway, so I managed to get downtown (thank you Mapquest...sad since I've lived in Utah all of my driving life) and then only had to flip one U-ey to meander myself into the Triad Center parking garage.  After some hesitant predatory circling I did eventually ram my Suburban into an unclaimed parking space...and then the fun began.

Yup, that's right ladies and gentlemen, I couldn't find my way out of the parking garage so I couldn't find my way into the KSL studios right next door.  This is sooooooo like me.

Eventually a sweet parking attendant helped me identify which direction I needed to go (although I could hear her laughing as I left...that's alright, I deserved it and I'm used to it).  Success!!  I made it to my appointment.

But then I needed to get home and it seemed like a good idea to try to take my car with me. 

I attempted to validate my parking which lead me to the bowell's of the building.  Another chuckling lady helped me navigate the labyrinth of hallways (there were really only two but it felt like more) to get to the security office.  That is where I discovered that I left my parking card in the car.

Can't validate a parking card if you left it in the car. 

No problem, I'll go get it and bring it back.  Yeah, right.

The tubby uniformed security officer pointed from his chair to an imaginary path leading to the elevator and (imaginary remember) my car.  I believed him.  I didn't realize he was the devil.

I parked my car somewhere with red stripes on the walls and "Triad 3" on the signs.  I wrote this down.  I do get lost.  I tried every single level that that elevator went to.  One was purple.  One was blue.  One was an LDS bookstore (no cars there).  None was red.  Great.  Now I am not only without my parking card but I have misplaced and entire level of a parking garage. 

Forget the parking validation!  I meticulously backtracked to the security office (avoid the unhelpful, chubby security guy) and up the other elevator until I reached the lobby at KSL.  I headed out the door.  Someone changed the parking attendant while I was gone so I had no help there, but I did still manage to find a red striped level and wandered around until I found the car.  Hooray!  It was a celebration.  No one brought champagne, but that is ok because I don't drink anyway. 

Then I went home.  That I can do.

It was a bigger ordeal than I imagined, but really it was just the parking that was the problem.

And now I am famous.  Ok, I'm not really, but after all that let's pretend.   


Proof that I did actually make it to the studio...and home...alive


3 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets lost! Seriously, if it weren't for my GPS on my phone I don't know what I'd do lol

mormongrandpablogger said...

They have those little wrist-sized GPS units that can help you find your way. Or you could get a phone with the same stuff. Silly Girl, didn't we teach you anything???

Green River High School said...

Oh Melissa. This is why I love you. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets lost in a parking garage--true story!
PS - Any more wild texts?
PPS - I think our next RS meeting is going to be at Wendys! My treat :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...