...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Project

This week I did my first Halloween project of the season.  I got this idea from my dad's uncle's son's wife (yup, for real). 

 I got a large scrapbook and a couple of cheap dollar notebooks that were on clearance at a craft store.  The notebooks have hard covers which made them a lot easier to work with.
Then I recovered those notebooks with scrapbook paper and mod podge (the genius glop of crafters everywhere).  I printed labels on fake parchment paper and burned around the edges with a candle then mod podged those on the front. 

At the craft store I found some metallic "locks" and I glued those on the front to give them a cryptic sort of feel. 

Inside the scrapbook I am going to create a page each year of the kids in their costumes and pictures of other holiday activities from that year (photos on their way to my house as we speak for 2008 - 2010).  That way when we pull out the book each year we will also be able to browse memories of Halloweens past.
 Inside the other notebooks I intend to paste favorites treat recipes, craft and project ideas or games that I want to remember from  year to year.

They are fun for display but will serve a purpose as well.  I LOVE this idea!

We've been prepping our house in other ways as well.  We broke out the costume box and the kids have had fun every day dressing up as witches, power rangers, vampires and other creatures. 



The kids also decked our house out in cobwebs and gravestones and purple lights.  We are pretty excited for the holiday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...