...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Simple Pleasures


/\
|
|
|
This...
is the rug that graces the floor of our family room.  Let's call it unique (instead of hideous or 70's-esque).  I can't exactly say that I love it, but I am glad to have it because it protects my carpet from my children (and believe me, the family room carpet NEEDS protection from my children).

For many moons, this rug has been the only splash of color in the room because...honestly...I just couldn't manage to match anything to that...uh...interesting array of shades.

But no more.

After Christmas I decided I wasn't going to be hobbled by weird floor ware anymore.  I trotted my little self to the store (Ross, oh how I love you!) and used part of my Christmas gift card to purchase couch pillows (because hand-me-down couches sometimes don't come with pillows).  None of them match anything.  They don't even match each other.  I actually didn't even try to find coordinating bundles of fluff, I just found the cheapest pillows I could find and threw them in my cart.

But now my whole room has a colorful, eclectic feel...and I am thrilled with the result (consequently, so are the children because we now host pillow fights galore in this room).



(But I still don't love that rug!)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love the array. And that purple one in the middle of the couch is almost worth driving back to Utah and stealing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...