...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Second Breakfast

Does this ever happen to you...after popping out of bed in the morning you get caught up in the rush of feeding, dressing and otherwise preparing your bundle of children for the day.  Once you have scooted the school attending crew out the door you find yourself cleaning up the kitchen mess and folding laundry and vacuuming and reading stories and whatever other thing need to be done and before you realize it it is 10:30 am (or 11:00 or 2:00 pm) and you haven't eaten breakfast yet.  Oops.

You know you should eat breakfast (most important meal of the day, right) so you decide to throw something together.  Your little ones are playing so you grab a pre-made hash brown and throw it in a buttered skillet...then you get smart and grab another and tuck it in beside the first one because you know for a fact that this will happen.
|
|
|
\/

Even though they ate just a little bit ago as soon as my children see me with food they are suddenly StArViNg!!!

I think they must be related to hobbits (Aubrey was a baby when "Lord of the Rings" the movie was first released and she looked just like a little hobbit child).  Hobbits have the habit of eating many times throughout the day indulging in breakfast, second breakfast, brunch, luncheon, twosies, supper, dinner, etc. 

And I just can't resist those sad faces...
so I give in every time (and like I said I usually make extra because I know this will happen).



All Better!


Well, Friday morning Josh didn't have school so he was here for the morning routine and he got all domestic (I love that about my man).


He wasn't about to let me forget to eat until afternoon (you might be surprised how often that happens...he just laughs at me when I lean into him and ask "Did I eat breakfast (or lunch or whatever) today?  I can't remember.").


So he made me breakfast sandwiches.  He called me up from the basement where I was folding clothes and surprised me with tasty food.


But that's not all, he is an amazing father and he knows his children well enough that he knew to make second breakfast for our littles that were still at home.  Geezo, I love that guy.

Even though they ate less than an hour before our kidlets were thrilled to shovel in second breakfast.  I love mornings like this.  What a wonderful start to the day.


1 comment:

jess said...

Lol we just had pancakes for breakfast, and not five minutes ago, Whit asked me for a snack! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...