...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stuck

Two days in a row I have been in my bedroom working on things when I suddenly hear a quiet tinkling little voice echo, "Mama....Mama....Mama please help," over and over.  I didn't rush either time because the urgency in the small sound, while it was there, did not seem all that...well...urgent.

Both days I made my way into the living room and this is what I found.  My tiny two year old stranded on the bookshelf.  She managed to climb up, but somehow she couldn't get down.  (Don't think I am a monster mother, I didn't leave her hanging there while I searched for the camera, the camera was on this shelf both days.)  She smiled hesitantly at me the first time and asked to see herself after I took her picture.
The second time she wouldn't look at me for a picture.  She was annoyed at me.  Her look said something like, "You think THIS is a moment I want to remember forever and to have my posterity view at some point in the future?"

Yes.  Yes I do.  (Wouldn't you just love to have a photo of your grandparents stranded atop a piece of furniture, clinging to the sides for dear life, especially one only inches off the ground.  I vote yes.)

Love you little one.

(P.S. She hasn't climbed the book shelf for a couple of days now...or she has learned to get down and I just haven't seen it.  I guess I'll never be sure.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...