...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Call the WAAAAAHbulence!

I hate being sick.
Ok, who doesn't. I guess that is sort of a stupid thing to say (this is where my kids all chime in "we don't say stupid").
We have had some sort of nasty bug floating around our house this week. Parker started it on Friday by throwing up twice (but he did it at Grandma and Grandpa's house while we were at the temple...see the blessings of temple attendance...just kidding).
He was fine the next day.
Bryce threw up all night Sunday. Poor guy.
He was fine the next day.
Josh came home from work with it on Wednesday.
He is much better today.

How is this fair.
I started feeling rotten on Sunday night. I couldn't eat all day Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I spent throwing up most of what I did manage to eat. I haven't puked this much since I was pregnant (which is not the case now!!!!!)
Finally today I am feeling much better.

For everyone else it is a 24 hour illness. For me it drags on and on and on and on...(you get the picture).

No fair.
You don't get to take a day off from being a mom.
You still have to change diapers and feed children and clean messes and make meals and whatever whatever whatever else.

I guess I do get whiny.
But only when I'm sick.
...
...
...
...

Ok, that isn't true.

Thankfully, I am feeling much better now...and Ellie hasn't gotten it (ah, the powers of breastfeeding...thank you antibodies).

I really hope no one else gets this.
It is icky.

4 comments:

mormongrandpablogger said...

Yeah, and if we get it we are coming to your place to give it right back. Glad you are better.

Paula said...

That is so not fair! I'm not sure if I had the same thing as you guys because my symptoms were slightly different. But yeah, I totally agree...it's completely miserable to be sick as a mom. I'm so glad you're finally feeling better and I hope your family is done with this very unpleasant bug!

Megan said...

We had it too over the weekend. I normally don't catch whatever ickies the kids have, but this one was pretty tricky.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That sounds miserable :( glad everyone is feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...