...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Remember...

Last Saturday was September 11.
(Like you didn't already know that).
I don't think any of us will ever forget that day.
I know I won't.
...
This September 11 found me at home with all six kids while Josh worked all day at his part-time job at the races (no worries, he isn't a bookie).  I was pouty.
We don't really see much of Josh at the moment.  He leaves early in the morning to get to school on time, and because of soccer practice and games he is gone until all hours of the night on weekdays.  This week we had the added bonus of having him gone for 12+ hours Saturday and Sunday earning extra money for our family.  He is a very dedicated husband and father.
And it makes me grumpy when he is gone so much.
So I was pouting.
...
And then I started thinking about September 11, and all the families who are without their father because of that tragedy.  Whether he is now missing his family while he waits for them in Heaven or whether he is missing them while he protects my freedoms here on Earth, there are a lot of families who don't just miss their Dad for a few months during soccer season. 
...
Memory Field in 2006
I am extremely grateful for those who give their lives, in many ways, to help protect the way of life that is so dear to me.  I feel a little bit ashamed that I spent part of the day whining about my lot in life, which I wouldn't trade for anything, when there are others giving so much more.  Thanks to all those out there who sacrifice for me and my family.  We love you.  We pray for you.  And we can't thank you enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...