...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Love like a fairy tale...almost

After yesterday's post I feel a little bit bad that I picked on my sweetheart.  I honestly meant it when I said that even when I am the most mad at him I'd still rather be around him than anyone else.
Engagement photo...WOW, we were
young and good looking!


But here's the thing, I don't ever want anyone to think that living "happily ever after" means that every moment in marriage is chocolate and roses (that's a great way to get fat and develop allergies).  No matter how much you love each other you WILL annoy each other, you WILL make each other crazy and you WILL have to learn to deal with it if you want to be happy. 


Josh and I do not always agree.  We are very different people, that is one of the things I LOOOOOVE about our relationship.  He sees the world through different lenses than I do.  I love that he has his own perspective and opinions and that those don't always mesh with mine.  That means that sometimes we have to work things out.  Sometimes that takes days or weeks, but we work it out.  We talk things through and come to an agreement or at least an understanding and then move forward.



Always the gentleman.

I can't remember that we have ever had a fight (at least my version of a fight with screaming and name calling and things like that) but there have been many times I have left a room angry and Josh has given me room to stew until we can tackle the issue.  And things go the other way too.  Some days I make him crazy (thankfully he is much more patient and much less flighty than me so he doesn't storm off and stew...it would be a mess if we both did that). 

Anyway, the point is, no one's life is a fairy tale...and it's a good thing because who wants witches and dragons around every corner.  Instead we get to pair up with incredible partners and swing into life together (insert Tarzan yell here).  Sometimes there are hitches, sometimes we feel like we will never get over the bumps in the road, but always, ALWAYS if we work together and rely on each other we will come out stronger than we went in, and happier too.

And if we stick with it, we will emerge as champions, lovers and friends forever.  Hand in hand, kiss on the cheek, smiles...and what could be better than that.

The perfect start to happily ever after.

P.S. Josh is already working on my honey-do list...told you he was awesome!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I love it - and you are so right. My husband and I certainly have to work things out but I feel like no matter what that we're a team. Happily Ever After is SO in the eyes of the beholder :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...