...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Throw those legs in the crock pot

A couple of weeks ago I learned a trick that has become one of my favorites.  I love chicken legs but I have never found a way to cook them that was painless enough for me (you may remember that I hate cooking so anything that takes too much time or effort I do not do).  Anyway, I was browsing the Internet looking for a new way to cook them when I stumbled on this idea.
You coat the chicken legs in your favorite flavors (I'll put the recipe I found below...it was pretty tasty).  Then you pull out your crock pot.  Now, normally things cooked in crock pots are sort of limp and soggy (which can still taste good) but my new favorite idea is that you crumple up tinfoil and place it in the bottom of the pot so the chicken legs are suspended above the bottom.  This lets any juices run to the floor of the pot without having your chicken soak in them and get soggy. 

I cooked these legs on low for about 6 hours (just less than that) and they were pretty crisp and very tasty.  The kids even liked it (which is the ultimate measuring stick).  The cooking was painless, the dinner was yummy -- what more could I ask for.

Crock Pot Chicken Legs
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 lbs. chicken drumsticks, skinned if desired

Put all the spices in a zip seal bag and then add the drumsticks.  Shake them around until they are evenly coated.  I let mine sit in the fridge overnight to really let the flavors sink in.  Then I put them on top of crumpled foil in the crock pot and cooked on low for about 6 hours.  They were good.

(This is the website where I got the idea if you are interested in exploring more ideas by this creative thinker).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...