...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, June 7, 2013

Family funnies from Facebook

I tend to post lots of little quips from my children on Facebook, and I realized the other day that I want to remember those, but I am too lazy to go write them all down.

Soooooo.....

I opted to cut and paste them here since I print my blog every December  and keep it like a wild and unique week-by-week glimpse of our lives.

To my friends on Facebook, I apologize for the repeat, you may want to skip this one...but I never get tired of remembering the silly things that go on around this house, so thanks for indulging me.  Maybe you can get a chuckle or two out of our quirkiness.

While I was working in the yard my 4 and 6 year old boys secretly made lunch for everyone...peanut butter and honey sandwiches, string cheese, grapes and a drink of milk. I was super impressed, and the messy kitchen was so worth their excited smiles...way to go boys!!

Gavin:"Mom, Logan is copying me!" Me:"Logan, please don't copy your brother." Logan (in a pinched, nasaly voice):"Logan, please don't copy your brother." Sigh, two year olds.

Bryce, the only child up, decided I was sleeping in too late (all the way until 7:30 am) so he snuck into my room and set my alarm (which I had turned off) to go off 2 minutes later. When the alarm started screeching at me he nonchalantly walked into the room acting all "Oh, good morning, Mom!" Grrrrrrrrr. Not the best waking moment I've ever had.

Yesterday during bathtime a blood curdling scream came from the bathroom so I rushed in. As I came through the door Gavin, all angry, yelled "LOGAN POKED HIS FINGER IN MY BUTT!" Logan countered with, "We don't say 'butt.'" Oh my heck....BOYS. Is this normal? (p.s. I nearly scrubbed that finger raw.)

Proof that God has a sense of humor: On the porch of a house ready to do my visiting teaching a huge gust of wind gave me and my skirt (and my partner's skirt too) a Marilyn Monroe style moment just as the husband opened the door. It was a suprise for all of us.

Gavin(age 5): "Where is that pink watch?" Me: "I'm not sure sweetheart." Gavin:"No, Mom, I wasn't talking to you. That's what some people say when they can't find something."

Last night I rushed downstairs to frantic screams of "MOOOOOOOM!" only to find that Logan was trying to fill a fist sized plastic pumpkin with pee (now that's festive) and Bryce was trying to stop him all while an audience of other children looked on. Gotta love life with boys!

Last night as I walked past the closed bathroom door I distinctly heard my eight year old belt out "I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT!" followed by what had to be some awesome shower dancing (wow, what a sound). Sometimes it is really entertaining to be a mom.

Logan (age 4): "If you don't listen to Jesus he takes away your muscles and your powers." That sounds about right to me.

While I was scolding our four year old son for mooning his brothers while in our backyard pool our two year old daughter called from the next room, "Yeah, Jesus never pulls his pants down!" I just jumped right on that band wagon, "That's right, Jesus keeps his pants up and so should you." Now there's something I never thought I would be saying to my children.

I love watching my two year old run around the family room with a bucket on her head chasing her 12 year old brother while they are both laughing hysterically. I wouldn't trade this life for anything! Gotta love being a mom.
 
Angry at me for making her brush her teeth, my three year old daughter just screamed the most venemous insult she could think of at me..."I DON'T LIKE YOUR HAIR." Then she "humph"ed and stormed off (which she could only do without being scolded because I was trying so hard to keep my laugh from exploding out of my mouth).

Gotta love it when your eight year old heads off to his friend's house via scooter and you realize that you forgot to remind him to call and let you know when he gets there ('cause you're paranoid like that) and a little bit later the phone rings and it's him calling to let you know he's there and fine because he is amazing and he knows you will be worried. Smile.

While reading scriptures last night we read about the Pharisee who invited Jesus to dinner and then was disgusted when a sinful woman came in and washed the Savior with her hair. The rest of the night Logan (age 5) kept telling us how rude "that fairy guy" was to people. "I don't want to be like that fairy guy, I will be nice to people." I guess he got the point even if his version has a little more enchanted undertone than the scripture version.

Sitting in a restaurant with my two youngest children
Me: "Ellie, please don't point at people, it's rude."
So Logan immediately points at someone (of course).
Ellie: "Logan, put your finger down, pointing is a bad word."
I guess that way works too.

Me: Parker, did you know that I love you?
PJ: Yeah, a skunk told me.
Me: When were you talking to a skunk?
Ellie: Ewwww, skunks are farty!
Just a typical morning at our house. I love hanging out with these clowns.

I love it when Logan belts along with songs while we ride in the car, like this Taylor Swift hit, "It feels like a perfect night, to dress up like hamsters...". I actually like his version lots better.

So, my son was in charge of the family home evening lesson tonight and he decided to talk about respecting your mother. The scripture he chose to share was fun. Proverbs 5:3 "Fore lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil." Josh had to jump in and help a bit, but it all turned out ok in the end. Slap some ice cream on the end of that and it all worked out.


I sent Parker to the storage room to bring up something we needed to cook dinner. As he came back in the kitchen he called, "Mom, go long!" which I did. He tossed the container across the room but Bryce darted into the room and grabbed it out of the sky. Parker yelled, "Oh man, dinner-cepted!". I love a good laugh before dinner.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...