...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Of Bears and Food

 
Josh made pancakes for breakfast the other morning.
 
I was sitting by Ellie as I ate mine (she had already finished hers).  She chirped up at me, "Mom, when you eat food it goes up to your brain."
 
I said, "No, honey, when you eat food it goes into your stomach and then your body uses the food for energy for all of your body."
 
Ellie raised her eyebrows at me skeptically.  "Uh, no mom, that's not right.  It goes to all the parts, even your brain.  I'll show you."
 
Then she skidded off into the living room.  Once she found the book she was looking for she flipped through until she found this page. 
 


This is a Berenstain Bears story about eating good food instead of Junk food and how good food fuels our bodies.  Sure enough, this picture shows all the internal systems and has Ellie convinced that food goes not just to our stomachs but bits of what we've eaten flow everywhere to keep us alive.  It's hard to argue with talking bears.  I think we'll let this one go and tackle digestion for real in a year or two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...