...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Nutcracker

My daughter, Aubrey, is part of a dance group.  She has been for about three years and she loves it.
 
She is actually part of two groups, a dance class and a musical theater group which performs all over the valley.  I am really pleased that she works so hard and dedicates herself to practice and improvement. 
 
(P.S. if you are looking for a great dance group for your child to join check out Miss Margene's Creative Generation.  Margene is AMAZING.  Believe me, you want this woman as an influence in your child's life.  She is loving and kind and expects her students to take care of each other and act as a family.  She also has high standards when it comes to modesty so costumes and dance moves never push the lines of inappropriate.  We are immensely grateful for her, she is wonderful!)
 
Anyway, right now Aubrey is prepping for a performance of "The Nutcracker" which till take place in early December.  (If you are interested in coming to the performance -- and I think you should, it is a lot of fun -- learn more about the event by clicking this Nutcracker link.)
 
Aubrey will be performing as a toy soldier in this piece and she is super excited.  I love it when my kids are happy about the things they are involved in.  I love it when they work hard to learn something new or master a new skill.  I want them to learn to stick with something even, or especially,  if it is hard.  I used to have a volleyball coach who said, "It's the hard that makes it great," and I agree with that.  It is working through the hard that really gives you that triumph that you did something worthwhile.
 
As a side note, while we try not to let them be involved in too many classes and events, with six of them each participating in something it still gets pretty crazy driving them here and there and everywhere.  We like our children to feel the influence of home in their lives and not be stretched too thin, but I guess their time at home does not necessarily also correlate to Mom's time at home.  If we are all running each other around in the car can that count as an extension of "home time" as well?  I hope it can.
 
So hooray for Aubrey, hooray for "The Nutcracker" and there you go.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...