...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion tips from four year olds

This is the shirt that I wore yesterday.

You may be wondering why I am mentioning that as this blog is not normally overly concerned with style (that has NEVER been something I cared much about).

Well, I'll tell you why we care about clothes today.

Yesterday morning, after scooting the four oldest kidlets out the door and off to school, I got ready for the day.  This is the shirt that I wore. 

As soon as I walked out of my bedroom Logan walked up to me looking disgusted and this is what he said:

Logan: Mom, what is that thing around your shirt.
Me: That is a belt.
Logan: No it isn't, belts go around your pants (pointing to my waist) down here.
Me: This is a different kind of belt.
Logan: Mom, take that off, it looks weird.  You should wear a normal belt.

That's right, fashion advice from my four year old (like he knows anything, remember that picture of him a few days ago with the green socks...and sandals none the less).

Anyway, I ignored him.  A little while later Logan and Ellie and I trucked over to the elementary school to pick Gavin up from kindergarten.  Gavin tends to come running out of class and to rush over to hug me (he doesn't do anything half way...it makes me smile every single time).

Gavin thundered out the door.  He ran toward me, arms stretched to the sides.  Inches from that embrace he suddenly stopped.  He looked at me like I was an alien.

Gavin (sounding disgusted): Mom, what is that thing around your shirt.
Logan (very triumphantly):  That is belt, Gavin.
Gavin (bending over Logan and speaking in a very condescending tone): No it isn't, Logan, belts go around your pants.
Me: No, Gavin, this is actually a belt, it is just a different kind of belt.
Gavin (sneering): Mom, that looks stupid.  You should take it off.  Belts are for pants.

So that is the consensus.  Belts are for pants and mom is a fashion faux pas in progress.  I guess I should probably get used to that attitude, I doubt this is the last time I will run into it. 

But I showed 'em.  I wore the shirt all day long.  TAKE THAT!  So there fashion forward youngsters!
(Gotta love those boys!)

3 comments:

Daley Family said...

HAHAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh! Your kids are so cute :)

Wife Of A Salesman said...

You look adorable...beware when they go to JR. High they will be begging you to wear something like that...My daughter recently said, "Mom will you wear makeup to parent teacher conference and not wear sweats?"...course I was working graveyard shift then and rolled out of bed just in time for the conference. I hope you are feeling okay, I have been thinking about you lately. Emily C

Paula said...

I for one really like your shirt, belt and all :)! Your kids always make me laugh! I love how brutally honest kids are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...