...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Whistle While You Work

It has been a week full of projects at our house. We had the opportunity to replace our old dishwasher with a new one (one that doesn't sound like a diesel hanging out in the kitchen). We feel very blessed, but had to make some adjustments to our 40 year old kitchen to make it possible which included completely removing the counter top and rigging it to sit higher on the cabinets (not to mention repairing some issues with the cabinet...poor Josh).However, it all worked out beautifully and now we have a fabulous and EXTREMELY quiet new dishwasher and we feel awfully lucky and very grateful. Next, we needed a dresser and my parents very kindly donated an old one that they were going to get rid of. It was in pretty rough shape so we decided to refinish it.

The boys and I sanded it down. I love letting the kids get involved in projects. It was especially nice because this will become Logan's dresser and he was thrilled to help "make" it.

Josh and I took turns staining and varnishing and pretty soon it was all done. It was a lot less difficult than I expected and turned out a lot better than I expected, I am very pleased and Logan is very proud of his "new" dresser.

Then, finally, Ellie got high centered on a chair in the kitchen.

(Not really a project, I know, but it was pretty funny to watch).

1 comment:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

The kitchen looks GREAT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...