...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Buying other people's stuff

Are you a yard saler?  I have always loved finding a deal so I love yard sales.  The last couple of years because finances are tight I have come to rely on yard sales to help me create a fabulous "ho ho" holiday stash.

The last couple of weekends Josh and I have trundled out in the morning to peruse the merchandise that people are trying to get rid of.  We have learned (over the years) to focus on yard sales in more affluent areas of our valley because their goods are a bit better (does that make us snobby even if we live in the hood?). 

Thankfully, we have come across some fabulous treasures that have helped us fill the Christmas coffers (they aren't full yet, but we're working on it).  I am really grateful that we have been able to find things that our kids will be excited about in a way that we can afford.  I would post some pictures of our exciting finds, but my little sprites like to read the blog so that just won't work. 

Whether you are a yard sale lover or not, whether you shop in July or November, I hope your Christmas shopping goes well and that you get all set for that amazing holiday (even if it is still five months away).

2 comments:

Green River High School said...

Call me if you need me to watch the kids for a few hours while you and Josh go hunting for treasures!! :)

Henich Family said...

oh my goodness it will be here before we know it though! (says the lady waiting to have a baby that seems like 4-6 weeks is an eternity!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...