...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Just helping out...

The other day Josh and I were working in the yard.  Some of the older kids wanted to come outside and play by us, so they threw their shoes on and scurried out the door.  As the screen door slammed shut I could hear Ellie yell "NOOOOOOO!"  and then start to scream and cry.  She wanted to be outside too and was mad that no one had brought her with them.  The work we were doing would have made it hard to keep on eye on her so I felt it was better that she stay inside.  As mean as it sounds, I just let her cry.

However, her big brother, Logan (he is not quite two years older than she is) felt bad for her.  So, he searched around the house and found her shoes and put them on her so she could come outside with him.
 What a sweetheart.  I never get sick of watching my kids take care of each other.  It warms my heart time after time after time (and makes up for the near constant fighting and bickering the rest of the time). 
 As often as these two drive each other crazy, it is obvious that they really love each other too and I am really glad to see it.  They are wonderful. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...