...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boy Day

Twice a year we celebrate "Boy Day." These are the days that Josh really gets to be the boss as the house and have things done the way he wants them, instead of the way we normally do them(that sentence is a grammatical mess...oh well). On these days we break all the rules and Josh gets to be pampered and have no honey-do's for an entire day.
One of these is Father's Day.
The other is today.
Josh's Birthday!
So, I want to take a moment to thank this amazing man for being my best friend, my partner in crime, and my biggest fan...not to mention one handsome guy. I am so blessed to be able to spend my life with him. I cannot imagine a better husband. He ALWAYS puts my needs and desires before his own.

He is an incredible father.
My kids are very blessed.
They have a dad that takes days off of work to spend time in their schools. He wrestles with them, even when he is tired and all he wants to do is sleep. He works on science projects and cub scout requirements. He is the kind of father that every child deserves, the kind of father that cannot help but make his children's lives better.
. He is also a lot of fun.
He is not afraid to do silly things and let us all laugh at him...I mean with him.
.On top of all of that, he is a Christlike example.
He is kind and loving to everyone, whether he likes them or not.
I have learned more about love and tenderness thanks to this man than I thought possible. He understands the gospel and is ready to share it at any opportunity. His testimony is just a part of who he is and comes out whenever it has a chance.
I could not be more grateful for this amazing man who has put up with me all these years. He takes my practical jokes with a smile (even if he does roll his eyes at me). He listens when I whine, and helps me feel better. He knows when to leave me alone and let me be, he knows when I need him to just quietly sit by me and not say anything, and he knows when to softly help me see the error of my ways.
On top of it all, he is a super kisser too.


Thank you, Josh, for making my life worth living.
I am very grateful for the day that you were born.

My life would not be right without you.
Happy Birthday, Tough Guy!!

1 comment:

mormongrandpablogger said...

Wow, does this mean your dad is now in second place on your list of men? Or maybe I've fallen even farther with the addition of your sons. I knew this day would come but never expected it to be so soon. If you feel that strongly about Josh, maybe I had better take him off probation (11 yrs later).

Some people say that you marry a man like your father but I think you got a much better version of "man" for your efforts. Don't tell him, but I think he has done a marvelous job taking care of my "little girl". Thanks for being wise in your choosing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...