...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Singing Sponge Bob

Bryce got a Lego DVD in the mail a few weeks ago as part of his Lego Club membership.  He was pretty thrilled.  So we watched it.

Before the movie started up (which was a bunch of Lego short films) there were commercials.  One of those was for a Sponge Bob Christmas special (I didn't come in to check out the show until we were a few minutes into it so I, sadly, missed the commercials).  I HATE Sponge Bob, so we don't watch that here at our house, but the kids apparently thought the commercial was pretty hilarious.

The next day, Ellie came up to me singing a song.  I had to listen closely to be sure I heard her right.  Yup, sure enough she was wondering the house singing, "Don't be a jeeeerk, it's Christmas," over and over and over.  WHAT THE HECK!  Of all the snippets in the movie, that is the only part that stuck in the brain of the two year old. 

Great.

She hasn't stopped singing it yet, but recently she has added a "baby" on the end so now it is,"Don't be a jeeeerk, it's Christmas baby!"

It makes me laugh and shake my head every single time.  It's pretty entertaining.  Maybe Sponge Bob isn't all bad after all (just kidding, it's still banned!).


So, Ellie wasn't being completely cooperative in the video (she wouldn't even sing!), but you get the idea.  She sings it ALL the time...except when the camera is on (we've tried to film this over and over and she never participates when we are filming).  It still makes me laugh (silly kid).

Here's the real song for reference, I'm sure it will become very very big hit probably topping Christmas charts everywhere in 20 or 30 years.  It is actually funny...but I still HATE Sponge Bob!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...